This year has been a challenging time of change, adjusting to new landscapes, and making sense of things we haven’t experienced before. It’s easy to get caught in a loop of focusing on what was. When that happens, you get stuck or at the very least move through change with a lot of pain and suffering.
It doesn’t have to be that way.
Affirmations can be a powerful way to help you move through challenging changes with more ease. This isn’t some pie-in-the-sky, touchy-feely stuff. Studies have found that regularly using positive affirmations rewires your brain. Whoa! It is possible to fundamentally change the structure of your mind – and YOU can do that often within just a few weeks.
Well, whaddya know, you DO have control over your life after all.
If you don’t know where to begin or what words to use, here are a few affirmations you can try (wordsmith as you’d like). Select one and repeat it to yourself daily for the next week – or better yet, write it down since writing gives your mind and body a chance to absorb the meaning of each word in your affirmation. Then notice what might be shifting for you.
1. I embrace and take advantage of change.
2. Change is a constant in life. Even though change can be scary, it can be fun! Change provides many opportunities for adventure, abundance, and personal growth. Positive things in my life come about when something changes.
3. Everything changes. Failing to embrace this idea can lead to pain and heartache. By accepting change, I eliminate most of the unhappiness from my life. I expect change because it is a part of life’s journey. I seek change rather than avoid it.
4. I benefit from the opportunities that come my way during times of change.
5. Change is synonymous with opportunity. I embrace and take advantage of the opportunity to experience something different. I create a new and better direction for my life when I am open to change.
6. When I am struggling with change, I refocus my lens. I stop looking at what I am losing and I start noticing what I am gaining.
7. Throughout history, successful people have been those that positioned themselves to accept and leverage the changes in society. I see change as an exciting opportunity for me to succeed in new ways.
8. The most successful people are those who easily adapt to change. I use the changes in my life to become a better version of myself!
9. Today, I welcome change. I look for ways to use change to my advantage. I am happy about the changes in my life and look forward to the great adventures ahead.
- In what ways has change affected my life in a positive way?
- How can I change my attitude when I perceive change in a negative way?
- What would I gain by fully embracing change in my life?
Change can be challenging because it uproots us from what we know to be true. In the midst of change we question a lot of things…including our confidence to handle to the change we face. My goal is to give my clients that deep sense of being seen and heard, of helping them find the confidence that comes from being grounded in their own wisdom instead of being pulled by the forces around them.